The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

Thursday, April 23, 2009

My N6680: A Gift From A Gift

Last January was a hard time for me (exaggerating). I lost my N2600c phone on my way back home to Iligan. It was 5 o’clock in the morning when the boat arrived at the pier of Cagayan de Oro and I was still very sleepy. I rode a jeepney from the pier to the bus terminal and didn’t even notice that a man, who sat beside me, slipped his hand inside my pocket to grab my phone. Sad thing was I didn’t feel anything. Maybe because I was drowsy or because of the heavy bag I placed on my lap. I even saw the man jump out of the vehicle when we swerved to road leading to the terminal. Funny thing was that it never crossed my mind that he had my phone. I only knew it when I got out of the jeepney, in front of the bus terminal. And so there goes my phone (the one my bheiby gave me).

 

Just last week, I was very happy (understatement) because I realized that what had happened may have been a blessing in disguise. My bheiby – my true gift – gave me another phone – a Nokia 6680 S60v2 Symbian Smartphone that I longed to have.

 

The phone contained all the basic features that I have longed for in a Smartphone. The best thing was that it supports Symbian OS which supports more than a thousand apps on the market. Until now, I still enjoy looking on the internet for apps that I would really need in my daily activities. To make life more easier I guess. Besides, that’s what Smartphone’s were intended to do, right?

 

Truly, the best gift that ever happened to me is not the new handset I received, but my loving bheiby who continues to support me in all of my endeavors. She is a heaven-sent present that won’t be replaced by any gadget, or anything for that matter. 

2 comments: